Monday, March 17, 2014

Big Lesson Weekend



On Saturday we had our lesson with Heidi. The weather was very warm so I decided to just hop on. We rode outside and there were lots of things to spook at.  Ivy held it together.  Ivy has about 5 different trots and they aren't good.  She can get rushy or lazy.  She can look like she has four square wheels (not good). Heidi told me to pick her up (shorten the reins) and kick her butt, but also keep her from rushing on the front end (half halts).  We got it!  Lots of abs, and get in and out w/ leg aids.  We then worked on travers and shoulder in.  Shoulder in was spot on and I had to do it posting ( very hard for me).  I thought our travers was correct, but Heidi said that the angle had to be greater for the judge to see it.  By this point we are working on sitting trot.  I really didn't think I could sit the trot, but Ivy gave me a spot.  I am not a pretty rider and I know I give Ivy way too much busy information.

We leg yielded down the rail almost perpendicular to it, then straightened the shoulders (and mine) on the rail to exaggerate the travers. I then worked on canter and collecting it.  We had haunches in going left and worked on straightening that out.  I totally forgot to think of shoulders in.  Finally I did a clean change for Heidi.

Sunday was a jump lesson.  Ivy was very tired, but did everything I asked.  We jumped all the jumps and even made it over some barrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment