Monday, March 24, 2014

Another Lesson


The rainbow filler.

Last jump is our first stone wall. 

We went to a new barn to try something different.  They have a cute lot for xcntry practice.  It had a slight slope and the footing was a mix of dirt and manure w/ lots of uneven spots.  The arena was hard and had very little give.  I am not an arena snob, but when steel shoes slide on top of the base, I know it's too hard.  If I fall on that, I know I will break something.  At first we thought she was off, but after a round pen flat lesson we couldn't find the issue.  Not sure if I need to change the pads to thicker ones or chiro work.  I really think she hates working on cement footing. She is very willing and forward to the jumps.  She was never forward before the pads, but after we fixed her feet she is so much happier.  We worked on adding a stride and then removing it between jumps.  Then we worked on the rainbow filler.  It was moved around the front of the jump until it was placed in the middle.  Ivy just popped over it.  I need to work on my eq.  It was a good lesson, but I really disagree about jumping horses on cement (hard footing).  I was told that event horses have to jump on all surfaces.  I get that, but there are limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment