Monday, March 10, 2014

Lessons and New Saddle




Love the new saddle.  I find it really puts you in a perfect balance position.  Half seat is a breeze.  We have also been working on aspects of the second level test.  Canter walk and counter canter along the wall.  We also have our changes.  I mainly use those in jumping and only practice them during the jumping lessons.  Ivy loves changes too much now.  She is telling me when to change.  I like to ask for my change on a straight line before the corner. I was told to skip second level test 1 because of the 3 loop canter movement.  I don't want to loose the changes by drilling counter canter.  Some horses find changes harder if they are drilled too much on counter canter.  Now I have to teach her counter canter is what I want.

Her pads are still doing the trick and I limit my jumping to one day a week.  I work on pole work and dressage.  Looking forward to the first show and will have 2 clinics w/ Heidi Gaian to see a judges opinion on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment