Saturday, April 19, 2014

April Jump Lesson

We are making great progress! I need more work on my release, but Ivy is very forward to the jump.  I am using half halts but I can clearly see she is not listening.  I am just thrilled she is jumping and not doing the dreaded stop thing.  We have our big show next weekend and are currently working on our second level stuff.  Counter canter to the right is finally smoothing out and keeping her straight through the neck and poll helps.  I have been watching videos online w/ the three loop serpentine and see a lot of riders w/ too much neck/poll bend.  My goal is to be consistent.  Our left lead is still a major mess.  She is weaker on that side and I have tendency to stop riding her.  Rein backs are good and turn on the haunches are fine.  I know I will loose half of all we know on show day! I am just grateful for every day that I can ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment