Friday, January 4, 2013

Rein Lame and Connection Issues

We are getting back to work now and I am causing major issues with my horse.  Tracking left the connection is there, but only after I counter flex to true flextion or inside flextion.  I don't over bend the neck and I always use my leg first.  Once I have her flexed from the poll to the inside I drive with my inside left leg to the outside rein.  When we track right, her better canter side, I cause her to go rein lame.  This only happens when I ride and not when I lunge her w/ side reins.  I let my reins slide for her to stretch and she is fine, but when I pick the connection up we have issues. 
In my lesson this week we worked on haunches in on the circle and shoulders in on that same circle to the right.  The connection improves and when I sit it's perfect.  I must be twisting my body and pulling the reins back when I post.  We also tried turning my shoulders to the right and really making her bend around my inside right leg.  Today I worked on the same exercises.  I think it's working, but I need a lot of work.  Can't show till I solve the connection issue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment