Friday, December 14, 2012

Winter Recovery


I shouldn't complain, but winters are a pain.  At least the shortest day of the year will be next week and we will gain four min. a day.  Ivy is doing great!  I can't canter yet so we are just working on lots of stretch at the walk and trot, trot....  I think she has way too much energy and seems to freak at the shadow ghosts.  It could be worse.  The thing I don't get is when other people know your horse is just coming back and they need to ride up your back or four feet from you. We have enough space to stay well away from each other.  I don't seem to have a problem giving others the space they need.  With Ivy's rear, bolt, and small buck people got the hint. 

Her gaits seem much more relaxed and she's not so cranky when I tack her up.  Now maybe I am looking for these signs, but there really seems to be a change.  I need to save money for a well fitting jump saddle.  I love my Jeffries, but I need a wool saddle. I know the Elite Jeffries is wool and I might give it a go.  County is another option.

No comments:

Post a Comment