Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lone Tree

Well, we made it back from our trip to Lone Tree.  Love that place.  Only got two short clips of video of our rides.  Sat. lesson was really good.  We worked on ditches and we really did jump some small roll tops.  I had one stop, but she was willing after that.  Sun. we worked on down banks and up banks.  We also had more stops.  I cantered into the water and up a small bank to a log.  At the end of the lesson we were able to jump a small course.  I was thrilled.  As far as her spooking, we did have a moment on Sun. morning.  She came out jogging and was so focused on the pasture horses that I almost chickened out.  I decided to go off on my own and worked on transitions between the gates and leg yields.  She settled down after five minutes.  My friend came on her 27 year old lease.  He was so good and she had never jumped a horse before.  She was so thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment