Monday, May 14, 2012

Great Clinic



Well, it wasn't pretty and I did learn a lot.  We have to learn the go button and to trust each other.  Our first day was the worst and of course I only have clips of those rides.  The temp. was around 90 so we were both lacking any ambition.  I also had a great lunch which did come back to haunt me half way through the lesson.  She was pushing through my left side.  Every stop she pulls left too.  Lexi wanted me to lift her up in front before the jump.  OK, I get that , but she doesn't even have to try to get over them.  I think that I stop riding three strides before the jump. 







Day two was much easier because the weather was cooler.  We worked on forward to compression and then did two clean changes during the gallop warm up.  Who knew we could do that!  Not one stop either.  Two day clinics really are better for us.  I need to ride to the connection every time I ride plus, sink more into my left heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment