Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Road Trip May and Goals

May is going to be a big month for us.  We have a mini jump clinic this weekend and then we are going to Lone Tree.  Lone Tree has a great water feature plus mini banks with logs scattered through.  Goals are to smile, have fun, and laugh.  Need to get use to people galloping up my back and hold on as my horse bolts.  I know this is all part of the sport, but seriously!  My DQ shows her ugly self during these times.  I think people need to watch the area around them and realize that there are other riders on reactive horses.  I just need to practice more and have my barn friends run their horses up our bottoms. 

Goal for the summer is to break into first level.  The connection is almost there and what do I have to loose at this point.  I think I will show in T3 and First Level Test 1.  Going for the full rated show in July due to the lack of schooling shows in my area.  Then Oct. is just around the corner with the first horse trial.  They offer an intro. class, but everyone is giving me a bad time about it.  I know the class is below our level, but I have a mare who only jumps if the moons are aligned.  I do envy others whose horses jump anything even though the rider has climbed up their necks or pulled on their faces for support.  I still love my mare even with her issues (OK, we both have issues).  Hope to have video of our clinics!

No comments:

Post a Comment