Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crazy People @ My Barn

You know if you board at a public barn, there are always those people that are a bit off or just plain nuts.  I suppose it's better than a barn full of DQs.  The same DQs that run over you with their 17 hand I can't steer yet and I need the whole arena.  The same ones who can only work on changes across the diagonal and that's all they work on.

Well, at my barn we have better boarders.  Those that can't pay, take off and leave their horses or beat them.  We have this new gal who just came in with this nice Morgan stallion.  First of all, geld the poor thing then send it to a real trainer!  She says she is training him to, rack?  I don't know enough about Morgans, but it sounds like she wants a park horse out of him.  She puts chains on all four feet and then shouts at him while hitting him with whips.  Last week I think he had enough because he flipped over on her.  She then beat him for it.  We are all taking notes on this and have told the barn owner. 

Our newest boarder isn't mean, but claims she teaches Classical Dressage.  Well, all she does is passage around the arena.  She purchased her horses from a south of the boarder trainer who has taught them all those pretty tricks.  First of all, take the double off!!  I wouldn't normally pick on a person like her, but she claims she's a trainer!

Come on, get your hands out of your crotch and ride the dam horse forward from behind!

I think I'm an OK rider, but @ least I know what a proficient trainer should look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment