Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jumping Lesson

We are going to ride in a lesson on Friday.  The fun part is the trailer ride there and warm-up.  My last lesson two weeks ago, caused a stir.  It was Easter weekend, so I decided to get to my lesson early to avoid any traffic.  Well, we got there 2.5 hours early.  No problem, we grazed and did a lot of walking around, and then more grazing. 

I enter indoor arena and notice who was riding.  One large Friesian and a young girl with two ponies.  I think, no problem my mare has seen this before.  Well, the Friesian was lacking forward, so there was a lot of whip action and then the ponies turn into little dragons.  My mare looses it and rears, but all I hear are panic voices around me.  We are under control, but I did lack confidence after that.  I think people should keep their voices down instead of shouting about a hot horse.  I got right to work and had a great lesson.  Later I hear that a rider had asked if my horse was green or young.  She didn't want to ride near me and I totally get that.  I can't wait for the day when people will notice how well behaved my mare is and not make such a grand entrance.  By the way, she really is jumping me out of the tack now!!  Love that feeling when they bascule over the fences.

What I learned:
  • Stay cool even on reactive missile
  • Ignore others and focus
  • Be positive and smile
I hope this weeks lesson is just as eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment