Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Saddle

I have ridden in my new saddle for 3 days.  Wish it was more, but life and weather have slowed things down.  The first thing I had to do was drop my iron three holes.  I did notice that the saddle really feels wide under me and there is plenty of room for my bottom.  People tell me that when you get the right fit, sitting trot will feel better.  I can honestly say that it does.  I feel like I can drop my leg down and open my hip joints.  I can admit that sitting the trot has been very hard for me.  I have taken lunge lessons and they do help, but only time in the saddle will get me there.  I can sit the trot on other horses that either don't move out or give you that spot to sit.  I can ride w/ out my saddle @ all three gates, but with the saddle it always seemed to get in the way.  Now I feel I am going to master this.  My horse seems to move more freely, and the trot right after the canter down transition isn't as challenging.  I am going to video before and after to see if there really is a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment