Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Is My Horse Through!

My clinician teaching my horse to get off the front end!

The big debate now is my horse not being through and setting a frame rather than her seeking the contact.  Now I get that, but according to my clinician 90% of horses are not correct.  People have no idea that the horse will seek the contact rather than the rider picking it up.  OK fine, then teach me.  What kills me is that now this is a problem.  After two years I've been wrong.  I don't pull back and I make sure the energy is coming from behind, but my mare is a tough cookie.  Her neck is very short, stiff and set low.  Another issue is when she down transitions she can slightly drops the front end.  For starters you can't even see it nor can you feel it unless you really focus on it.  It's so slight but this an issue too.  She tells me that I will never be able to teach my horse properly and that I need more lessons.  I think the clinician was a bit cranky today.  I will never be perfect, but I will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment