Thursday, February 12, 2015

Big Changes





Well, big changes have happened. Ivy never took, but will be bred again in the spring.  She is now working on third level and we are ready to show second this season.  Her changes are great and we finally have a medium!!She really enjoys the work and even gets excited about shoulder in or half pass.  I also got a free horse!! They are never really free.  He belongs to a friend and has been sitting in a field for over a year. Oh and he can jump!!  And did I mention he's a buckskin.  I have been taking it slow and just working on basic things.  He will not reach for the contact and he's very uphill (not a bad thing). I got him in mid October, and we finally have canter and some stretch in the trot.  I forget what it's like to ride a baby.  All wiggly and falling in or out.  Spooking at trash cans and trucks and who knows.  The thing he has what Ivy lacks, heart.  He will jump anything.  Ivy on the other hand isn't so sure and really needs an honest ride to each jump.

 His name is Rubicon and he's 12.  I think he will make a great eventer for me.  I of course needed to buy him a new saddle since he needs to be a dressage horse too.  Going to be paying this JRD off for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Suzanne your blog is Haynets Blog of the Day! Come and take a look:- http://www.hay-net.co.uk/haynet-news/7895/equestrian-blog-of-the-day---the-lying-cow-horse-chronicles

    ReplyDelete