Friday, May 30, 2014

Moving to Second Level and Other Things



I have been really debating the move to second level.  After showing a full year at first, I am still not certain our collection is there.  Simple changes are 90% and we can handle all of the other things on those tests.  Her changes are there, but we only ask for them when we are jumping.  I think collection is the major block, and my over thinking.  Next show will be in July.

I've taken Ivy a couple of times to Lone Tree Farm.  She was so good each time.  Our first trip was during the high winds of early April.  As we headed into the wind, my helmet would shift from the severe headwind.  Ivy took it all in and was very willing.  My last trip was last weekend and I actually jumped some BN fences! Not ready to compete, but my confidence is back.

Big changes are happening this month. Ivy went to the breeders.  Not sure if she took, but we check next week.  I am not going to stress over it nor spend a ton of money on breeding.  If she doesn't take for two cycles, then it wasn't meant to be.  I really love Irish horses, and either way I am going Irish on my next one.  I still plan on showing and going to my first HT while she's in foal.

Ivy is still loving her pads.  I have been using leather, but will be changing to a harder plastic pad.  They don't break down as fast and they last longer on harder ground.  I plan on the Tildren treatment next year for her foot issues.  It runs about 1500 for initial treatment then 100 a month after that.  I am looking at about three grand, so saving all my pennies for this one.


1 comment:

  1. I read most your posts. I am interested in hours ride so I enjoyed your article article. You are such a great person. I wish you all the luck for future. Share your ideas on my website.

    ReplyDelete