Monday, March 18, 2013

First Show

Well, we did it!  First show of the year and the weather was great.  I had my ride times in the morning but not as early as others.  Ivy came off the trailer looking for food, which is a good sign.  I decided to just hop on without lunge work.  She was looking and snorting but no bolting or bucking.  I only warmed up for 20 min. and then went in.  As we made our way to the judge, Ivy decided that the shadow monster must be down there.  It took all my will to keep her going and flexing away from said monster.  As I rode my test I felt stiffness and no suppleness.  After the class I decided I would be more firm with my aids for the next one.  I ended up with a 68% and winning the class of four riders.  My First Level class was harder.  I did get a 7 on my lengthening, but she got quick in the canter 6.5.  Judges comments were about stiffness, and suppleness.  I ended up with a 63.1% and a second place out of five riders.  All in all it was a great show and I have lots of homework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment