Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shows

Well now that I am getting a new saddle, showing is on the back burner.  I just love going to dressage shows and supporting my friends.  I also love reading other blogs about dressage showing and scores.  I've never been brave enough to post, but now that I have my own blog I feel free.  I hate it when people assume that scores in the 70's should be easy @ training.  Anyone can just show up and ride. 

Really, are you serious?

Yep, I see it when people take horses that are way above that level all the way to championships.  I know we all need to learn, and a schoolmaster is worth their weight in gold, but skip training please.

I am now moving up to first.  I have never gotten a 70 nor had schoolmaster or a break the bank horse.  I'm OK with that because I've done everything myself.  It may take me longer and I will never be in the top ten or twenty, but I feel fully gratified as I sit back and read my tests.

Our first rated show when she was really crampy.  Score 50%  Warming up. 

It took me two years to get through training. My goals were to stay in the court, and smile :).  We earned Reserve Champion 2012 for all breeds in the USDF and qualified for the CDS championships all with score less than 70.  With my beer budget it can be done.  Everything I show in is second hand.  I just love it when my friends gain too much weight!  I really should stop baking all those cookies, but I have my eye on some Goode Rider breeches!

No comments:

Post a Comment